Pages

Wednesday 21 October 2020

The Best Day of my Life

 The Best Day of my Life


The best day of my life was probably back in 2017. My family and I were heading to a carnival that had just opened up. The family members that came were my Mom, Dad, Grandma, my other Grandma, my sister, my aunt and my cousin.


I was still living in the Philippines back in 2017 so this story is set there. It was the middle of the Christmas holidays and me and my family wanted to do something exciting. A new carnival opened up so we decided to go there. 


We packed up some delicious sandwiches for the car ride and then we went. The  carnival was quite far away so it was a long ride. As we neared the place, I saw the carnival and it was massive. This was also my first time going to a carnival.


My Dad made a U-turn and then we started driving back towards the carnival. The carnival was set up on a large piece of land filled with dirt and grass. Once we parked we ate the sandwiches in the car, and then we stepped outside. It was already night time but the carnival was still filled with people making a lot of noise and having fun.


Outside the carnival there were vendors selling tickets. We bought some tickets and then we went in. We had to go through security and it took a long time. They checked our bags and asked for our phone numbers.


After all of that we finally went inside. There was a huge christmas tree right in the middle of the carnival. It was full of christmas ornaments

and at the bottom of the tree there were tons of presents littered around. There were small ones and big ones.


My Mom and Dad said to my grandma’s that we should split up. They both agreed so we split up into groups. I went with my Mom’s group first. We walked to the left over to a haunted house. I don’t remember anything about my experience in the haunted house but I do remember walking out disappointed. I guess the haunted house wasn't scary for me but my Mom and the others were scared.


My Mom’s group went back to the big tree where my Dad’s group was.

This time I went with my Dad’s group. We went on a boat ride. This ride was one of my favorites. How the ride worked was that you had to go into this little boat and it would spin you around at a really fast speed.  

I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to ride it again. Sadly My Dad said “No.” Then we met up at the christmas tree again. This time we went around together. We were getting hungry so we went to the shops. At the back of the carnival there were shops, and there were lots of them. They had all kinds of interesting things to look at and buy, like food, toys and a lot of games.


As we were walking through the shops, I was amazed at how colorful the shops were. The lighting was crazy and there were many different people. The first shop we went to was a food shop. They sold chicken kebabs covered with teriyaki sauce. I liked the chicken but I didn't like the sauce much. Everyone enjoyed the food. We even bought more. 


After we had some food we went to others shops. The next shop we went to was a shop with a game. The game was a shooting game. We had to pay for a gun with three bullets. We had to shoot these balloons which gave you points. I couldn't play because I was too young. The only people who played were my Dad and my Mom.

  

That's all I remember from the shops. After that we realised that it was getting late. I really wanted to play more but i was already really sleepy.


So we drove back home. We dropped my Aunt and cousin off at their house. My two Grandma’s lived with us so they stayed. We arrived at our house at about 12.45 pm. I immediately went to sleep.


The day was really fun. I was completely exhausted. That wasn’t everything I did. I left out most of the rides I went on because this story was taking too long. Next morning I woke up happy.       


Bye.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.